Message from our like Neighbourhood Watch PCSO Katie McLoughlin 6476
“I am one of the newest PCSO’s for Goffs Oak, Flamstead End & Rosedale/Bury Green.
We have had an increase in Thefts From Motor Vehicles and Thefts Of Motor Vehicles in the last few months and I would like to take this opportunity to share a few simple tips on how to keep your vehicle secure.
- · Make sure your vehicle doors, windows and sunroof are locked when unattended.
- · Always take the keys out of the ignition when left unattended.
- · Don’t leave your keys laying around where they could be spotted and taken.
- · Keep keys away from windows and doors at home, preferably in a locked box where they can’t be accessed.
- · Never leave valuable items in your car; phones, handbags, tools etc, as these could be targets for theives.
- · Remove SatNav’s and holders from the car and wipe away any rings left on the windscreen as this may indicate there could be a SatNav inside.
- · Keep documents relating to your vehicle in your house, away from your car as this can make it easier to sell it or provide a cover story if stopped by police.
- · Consider buying locking screws to secure your number plates to make it harder for criminals to steal them. “
If you see any suspicious behaviour around vehicles in your area report it to Police on 101, Herts Constabulary’s non-emergency number. If you witness a crime in progress call 999. If you know someone you think may be involved in committing crime contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.